Wednesday, January 08, 2014

2014 Resolution: One new recipe a week

As is traditional, a new year means a New Year's resolution. And this year, ignoring the baseline plans for weight loss, injury healing, training and study (these are constants) I've decided to become more adventurous in the kitchen: I will cook at least one new recipe per week.

I'm not limiting myself, here: starters, main courses, pudding, side dishes... whatever, it just needs to be new. Again, the source could be the internet, one of the many cookbooks I already own, or even something I make up myself. But it must be new to me.

To help me on this quest I've done a couple of things: I've bought a shiny new Crockpot from Amazon; and I've located a few international food shops in Madrid.

The new Crockpot is from Amazon:



http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007XEJ4G2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It arrived yesterday, and while I haven't yet used it it definitely looks well-made. And big :)

Perhaps unfortunately I visited one of the shops just before Christmas. Possessed by the Spirit of Christmas Present, I bought rather more than I needed, including mince pies, chocolate, vanilla coke for the girls to try, and most importantly: indian spices.

  • Garam Masala
  • Fenugreek
  • Curry leaves
  • Star anise
  • Turmeric
Nothing that exotic in a UK supermarket, but hard to get hold of here. 


And so, fully prepared - Bring on 2014! I am ready!


No comments: